Friday, August 31, 2012

King of the Jungle...

The Life Journal readings for today are Ezekiel 12, 13, 14, and Revelation 5

Scripture: Revelation 5:5 (NIV)
"Then one of the elders said to me, 'Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has triumphed."

Observation:
John's vision of the throne room continued.

Application:
It's easy to forget, sometimes, that the Lion of the tribe of Judah has already won.  He is, and always will be, King of the Jungle.  What's that?  How can I compare the Lion of the tribe of Judah from Revelation to the king of the jungle?  Look around.  It really is a jungle out there. 

A few days ago, I wrote about how Revelation just isn't my favorite book, and it's still not, but a good friend of mine reminded me that this is the story of good winning in the end.  Even us preacher types need to be reminded of that every now and again.  It's a word I needed this morning. 

The application section of this daily journalling process is supposed to be about how we are going to live differently because of what this scripture says to us.  For me, I think it is calling to me to step back once again and look at the big picture.  Yesterday was a rough day, but it's just one day out of 365 this year.  That means that even with one bad day a year, I have that one chance and 364 more to let the Lion of the tribe of Judah be the king of my jungle. 

Prayer:
God who spoke choas into order, you have called us to make a difference in a crazy world.  I ask that you watch over all those who feel as if life is a jungle, and that you grant them guidance and peace.  Show us once again how good wins in the end, and never let us forget that you promised to be with us always.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment