Monday, February 22, 2010

It's on now...

Ok, it is officially on...my first blog. First, a little about myself. I'm an outside of the box kind of guy. I think differently, I act differently, I've even been called a rebel. I'm not proud of it (all of the time), but just wanted to let you in on a little bit of what's going on in my head.

I've been wanting to do this for a long time and have just never taken the time to set it up and get started. I am taking some time now to rediscover my purpose. I graduated from seminary last year and that journey really took its toll on me, so I'm journeying to a place that once was very comfortable, but admittedly now, has become a little foreign to me.

Setting up the blog really wasn't hard, so here I am, and here's what this is about. I'll use this to post my devotionals, maybe even daily depending on how comfortable I get with this, and whether or not the devotional for that day stinks or not. I'll use this to post random thoughts about this journey we're on, and how Christ has called us to live outside of the norm...and that is where the name came from...Outside the City Gate.

You see, that's where the trash was thrown, outside the gate. That's where the outcasts were sent, outside the gate. And that is where we are called to spend some of our time. So, journey with me if you like. Disagree with me if you want. But as a brother or sister in Christ, you can't stop me from loving you.

Peace.
Jamie

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this make you the head "Out-caster"? I'll go with ya brother!!! "Though none go with me, I still will follow"!

    ReplyDelete