Monday, February 22, 2010

Clogged Drains

My bathroom sink is clogged. Well, not totally, but enough that it is extremely aggravating. I have poured the drain cleaner stuff down it with no luck. I was a carpenter by trade in my former life, but not a plumber, so this just frustrates me to no end. I am forced to just stand there while the water drains out ever so slowly, with toothpaste residue hanging around the bottom of the sink, and just wait. I know the water will eventaully drain out, but the wait is unbearable for a "Type A" like myself.

But this morning I realized something. My bathroom sink isn't the only thing that has gotten clogged. Drano won't clear the other clog that I've been dealing with. I have discovered that sometimes life in general gets us so clogged up that not even the Spirit of God can get through. So what do we do then? We can't call a plumber... We can't take the plumbing apart... Or can we?

So that's where I'm at right now, taking some plumbing apart to clear the clog. I have spent the last couple days looking at the things in my life that need to be dismantled, and I'm starting with a Psalm. It's a good place to start.

"Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in the miry depths, where there is no foothold. I have come into the deep waters; the floods engulf me. I am worn out calling for help; my throat is parched. My eyes fail, looking for my God... But I pray to you, O Lord, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation." Psalm 69

Sometimes, I have discovered, that before there can be a clearing, we have to realize that there was a clog.

Peace,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment